Today is #WorldLionDay. To celebrate these majestic creatures, here are some facts you may not have known about them!
- Lions can sleep for up to 20 hours a day.
- Their roar can be heard up to 5 miles away.
- They live in prides of up to 15 lions.
- Baby lions are called ‘cubs’, ‘whelp’ and ‘lionet’.
- Lions run up to speeds of 81 km/h.
- Lions can live up to 12-16 years in the wild and 25 years in captivity.
- They don’t live in the jungle, they actually live on the Savannah plains.
- A good indication of a male lion’s age is the colour of their mane – the darker it is the older they are.
We released ‘Nila’s Adventures in London’ – starring a beautiful lion and following its adventures in our home city. If you would like a copy, e-book or audio book of Rosemond’s book, click here!Back to Blog