We've just released Hannah the Banana, which made us think about the benefits of this healthy fruit, read on for more info about the book and bananas!
- Bananas are packed with antioxidants and are only 105 calories, making them a great snack or addition to a breakfast.
- They can help to moderate blood sugar levels thanks to their low salt content and high levels of potassium.
- Bananas contain plenty of fibre and resistant starch
- Want to reduce your risk of kidney disease, eating a banana a few times a week and reduce your risk by up to 50%
-A banana is technically classified as a berry…
- We share around 50% of our DNA with bananas
- Bananas are the 4th biggest fruit crop in the world.
- The banana peel also holds some interesting facts, not only is it edible (though we wouldn’t recommend eating it without cooking it first) some claim it works very well as an itch relief – bananas contain both histamine and Vit E & C, which help to relieve itching symptoms.
- In 1904, over 100 years ago, the banana split was invented by David Evans Strickler, who worked at the Tassel Pharmacy Soda Fountain in Pennsylvania, he was only 23 years old!
- Weirdly enough, around half the people who have an allergy to latex, are commonly allergic to bananas.
We recently released Hanna the Banana by Olympia Jones.
Hanna the Banana is bullied because she is not the most beautiful fruit. She tries to get fit but it is hard to do it alone. When she teams up with another fruit who is being picked on, they help each other to achieve their goals and become beautiful on the outside as well as on the inside.
Get yourself a copy, here: https://olympiapublishers.com/books/hanna-the-banana
Back to Blog